Ms. Aurea L. Rivera is Associate Chief Scientist of Data Exploitation, National Air and Space Intelligence Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. NASIC is the Air Force and Department of Defense center of excellence for all-source air and space intelligence. It supports U.S. Air Force and joint operational, acquisition and policy-making customers at the national intelligence community level. Ms. Rivera assures the timely delivery of relevant intelligence data products and services that satisfy the needs of customers and partners.
Ms. Rivera is originally from Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, where she graduated with honors from University of Puerto Rico in 1980. She was one of only six females graduating with a degree in electrical engineering that year. After 14 years experience as a radar analyst, Ms. Rivera was assigned as a senior intelligence analyst for the center?s Technology Division, where she was selected as the division chief in 1998. Prior to her current assignment, she was a program manager for the Defense Intelligence Agency in Washington, D.C.
Ms. Rivera served as the U.S. Air Force representative to the Scientific and Technical Intelligence Committee from 1998 through 2001, and she also served as the alternate U.S. Air Force representative to the Weapons and Space Systems Intelligence Committee from 1996 through 2001. Among the awards received by Ms. Rivera in her 25 years of federal civil service, she was selected as the Aeronautical Systems Center Woman of the Year for Science and Engineering in 1988.
1980 Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering, cum laude, University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez
1982 Master of Science degree in systems engineering, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
1991 Career Broadening Program, Foreign Technology Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1993 Senior Development Program, Foreign Technology Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1998 Master of Science degree in electrical engineering, University of Dayton, Ohio
2002 National Security Management Course, Syracuse University, N.Y.
1. 1979, cooperative student, Satellite Ground Support Branch, Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.
2. June 1980 - August 1984, surface-to-air missiles radar analyst, Defensive Missile Branch, Foreign Technology Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. August 1984 - January 1990, airborne radar analyst, Avionics Branch, FTD, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. January 1990 - August 1994, senior airborne early warning radar analyst, Airborne Radar Branch, National Air Intelligence Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. August 1994 - April 1998, senior intelligence analyst, Technology Division, NAIC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. April 1998 - August 2001, Chief, Technology Division, NAIC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. August 2001 - October 2001, Director, Plans and Policy Office, NAIC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. October 2001 - October 2003, Program Manager, Signatures, Office of Central Measurement and Signatures Intelligence Processing, Exploitation, Coordination and Dissemination, Defense Intelligence Agency, Washington, D.C.
9. October 2003 - present, Associate Chief Scientist for Data Exploitation Directorate, National Air and Space Intelligence Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
1987 Hispanic Significance Award ? Technical, Wright-Patterson AFB
1988 Woman of the Year ? Science and Engineering, Aeronautical Systems Center
1992 Hispanic Engineer of the Year, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1998 Commander's Award for Merit ? Team Category, NAIC