BJ White-Olson, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Cost and Economics, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller, Washington, D.C. Ms. White-Olson is responsible for developing, advocating and facilitating all matters concerning Air Force cost analysis; providing policy direction and guidance on the conduct of economic analyses, weapon systems life-cycle cost estimates and financial oversight to non-appropriated fund activities; and reviewing and conducting analyses of major commercial source decisions for the Air Force.
Ms. White-Olson began her career with the Air Force in 1973. She has served in a wide range of financial management positions at all organizational levels within the Air Force, including Technical Director of the Air Force Cost Analysis Agency and as Special Assistant for Financial Management Transformation.
Ms. White-Olson is Acquisition Professional Development Program Level 3-certified in business, cost estimating and financial management, and holds a Level III professional development designation in Air Force financial management.
1981 Bachelor of science degree in management, Wright State University
1994 Master of public administration degree, Troy State University
1996 Masters degree in national resources strategy, National Defense University
1992 Professional Military Comptroller School, Air University
1996 Senior Acquisition Course, Defense Acquisition University
1996 Industrial College of the Armed Forces
1999 Federal Executive Institute
1. August 1973 - July 1984, various staff and cost analyst positions, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio; Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.; and Gunter AFB, Ala.
2. July 1984 - October 1985, Chief, Budget Branch, 341st Strategic Missile Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
3. October 1985 - July 1987, budget analyst, Strategic Forces Division, Directorate of Budget, Strategic Air Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
4. July 1987 - October 1988, cost analyst, Standard Systems Center, Gunter AFB, Ala.
5. October 1988 - October 1994, senior cost analyst, Air Force Cost Analysis Agency, Arlington, Va.
6. October 1994 - November 1996, Chief, Major Automated Information Systems Division, AFCAA, Arlington, Va.
7. November 1996 - July 2000, Chief, Space Programs Division, AFCAA, Arlington, Va.
8. July 2000 - July 2001, Chief, Military Construction Division, Directorate of Budget Investment Directorate, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Budget, Washington, D.C.
9. July 2001 - April 2002, Technical Director, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Cost and Economics, Arlington, Va.
10. April 2002 - July 2002, Special Assistant for Financial Management Transformation, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Financial Management and Comptroller, Washington, D.C.
11. July 2002 - present, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Cost and Economics, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1988 Cost Civilian of the Year, Air Force Communications Command
1996 Commandants Award for Excellence in Research, Industrial College of the Armed Forces
1995 and 1998 American Society of Military Comptrollers Team Award (team lead), Washington, D.C. Chapter
2002 Air Force Financial Management Special Acts and Services Award(team lead)
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
National Treasurer, Society of Cost Estimating and Analysis
American Society of Military Comptrollers
International Society of Parametric Analysts
Industrial College of the Armed Forces Alumni Association
Federal Executive Institute Alumni Association
Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records