Brenda L. Romine, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. The Logistics Directorate provides policy and guidance to organize, train and equip aircraft maintenance, transportation, supply, contracting and logistics plans units at 14 major active air installations in the United States, and 17 en-route locations around the world. With the Director, she is responsible for 860 active aircraft, 8,200 vehicles and 24,000 people. She also assists in the readiness of more than 616 aircraft and more than 80,000 people in the Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard, providing total force augmentation to support flexible, global reach for America.
Ms. Romine began her Air Force career in 1979 as a clerk typist before entering a training program with the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center. In 1985, she transferred to Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, on a maintenance rotational assignment. While at Wright-Patterson AFB, she was the lead posture planner for the Warner Robins ALC and the San Antonio ALC. Ms. Romine transferred to the San Antonio ALC, Kelly AFB, Texas, in 1988, and held numerous supervisory positions in the directorates of maintenance, comptroller, aircraft and propulsion. In 1995, she assumed the position of B-2 Deputy System Support Manager, later moving to the Comptroller Directorate where she served as Chief of the Plans and Programs Division. In 1997, Ms. Romine became the OC-ALC Director of Plans and Programs with responsibility for long-range strategic planning, manpower, war plans, facilities and space management, depot maintenance source of repair assignments, and base closure and realignment actions.
Ms. Romine was selected to the Defense Leadership and Management Program in 1998. Two years later, she transferred to the Pentagon. After completing a one-year DLAMP rotational assignment with the Directorate of Programs, Global Mobility Division at Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Ms. Romine became the division's Technical Director. Prior to her current assignment, Ms. Romine was Chief of the Aircraft and Missile Support Division, Directorate of Resources, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters, U.S. Air Force. She was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2001.
1976 Bachelor of Arts degree in English, East Central University, Ada, Okla.
1993 Master of Public Administration degree, University of Texas at San Antonio
1999 Center for Defense Leadership and Management Program, Washington, D.C.
1. 1979 - 1980, clerk typist, Civil Engineering Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2. 1980 - 1985, program analyst, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. 1985 - 1988, maintenance specialist, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. 1988 - 1991, Chief, Long-Range Workloading and Posture Planning Section; Chief, Human Resources Branch; Chief, Workload and Posture Plans Branch; and Chief, Aircraft Workloading and Budget Branch, San Antonio ALC, Kelly AFB, Texas
5. 1991 - 1993, Chief, Depot Maintenance Workloading and Budgeting Branch, Comptroller Directorate, San Antonio ALC, Kelly AFB, Texas
6. 1993 - 1995, Chief, Engine Workloading and Budgeting, and Chief, Program Control, Directorate of Propulsion, San Antonio ALC, Kelly AFB, Texas
7. 1995 - 1996, B-2 Deputy System Support Manager, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
8. 1996 - 1997, Chief, Plans and Programs, Comptroller Directorate, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
9. 1997 - 2000, Director, Plans and Programs, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
10. 2000 - 2001, Technical Director, Global Mobility Division, Directorate of Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. 2002 - 2004, Chief, Aircraft and Missile Support Division, Directorate of Resources, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. 2004 - present, Deputy Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Distinguished student, Center for Defense Leadership and Management Program, Class 99-1
Distinguished student, Department of Public Administration, UTSA
2004 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Former panel chair, Air Force Board for the Correction of Military Records
Lifetime member, Kelly Heritage Foundation
Logistics Officer Association
Acquisition Logistics, Level III
Program Management, Level II