Retired July 1, 1983.
Brigadier General Attilio Pedroli is commander of the Defense General Supply Center, Defense Logistics Agency, Richmond, Va.
General Pedroli was born in 1931, in Milford, Mass. He graduated from Milford High School in 1948 and attended Northeastern University in Boston. He graduated from Squadron Officer School in 1960 and Air Command and Staff College in 1967. Both schools are located at Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
He enlisted in the U.S. Air Force in 1951 and after completing basic training, basic electronics school and radar maintenance school he was assigned to the Air Defense Command Squadron at Williamson Johnson Municipal Airport, Duluth, Minn. General Pedroli entered the aviation cadet program in June 1952 and was awarded his observer wings and commission in 1953.
His initial flying assignment was at Randolph Air Force Base, Texas, for combat training in B-29s. His first operational assignment was as a B-29 radar navigator with the 44th Bombardment Squadron at Smoky Hill Air Force Base, Salina, Kan. In September 1954 he entered advanced specialized navigator training at Mather Air Force Base, Calif., and in April 1955 he joined the 11th Bombardment Wing at Carswell Air Force Base, Texas, as a B-36 navigator. Six months later he transferred to the 17th Bombardment Wing at Ramey Air Force Base, Puerto Rico, again as a B-36 crewmember.
The general returned to Mather Air Force Base in September 1958 for specialized B-52 radar navigator training, then proceeded to Castle Air Force Base, Calif., for B-52 combat crew training. Joining the 11th Bombardment Wing at Altus Air Force Base, Okla., in February 1959, he served as a radar navigator on a B-52 crew until April 1960 when he attended Squadron Officer School en route to the 17th Bombardment Wing at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He become chief of the wing's Target Intelligence Branch in February 1965. Later he was named the wing's armaments and electronics maintenance supervisor, serving in that capacity until September 1966 when he entered the Air Command and Staff College.
In the summer of 1967 General Pedroli attended EB-66 crew training at Shaw Air Force Base, S.C., in preparation for combat duty in Southeast Asia. He served from November 1967 to November 1968 with the 41st Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron at Takhli Royal Thai Air Force Base, Thailand. Assigned as staff navigator he flew 119 combat missions in EB-66 "Pathfinder" operations.
Upon his return to the United States, General Pedroli was assigned to Mather Air Force Base, serving successively as a navigation instructor, squadron flight commander, base executive officer and commander of the 3538th Navigator Training Squadron.
Assigned to Germany in July 1971, he became commander of the 7005th Air Base Squadron at Stuttgart Airfield, providing airlift support for Headquarters U.S. European Command. In January 1973 he was assigned to Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe at Ramstein Air Base as a radar systems staff officer. In May 1973 he became deputy commander of the 86th Combat Support Group at Ramstein and assumed command of the group in October 1974.
He returned to Mather Air Force Base in August 1975 as deputy commander for operations, 323rd Flying Training Wing. He became the wing's vice commander in October 1975, and wing commander in September 1976. General Pedroli took command of the Defense Industrial Supply Center at Philadelphia in July 1979 and assumed his present command in June 1981.
The general is a master navigator with more than 6,000 flying hours. Among his military decorations and awards are the Silver Star, Legion of Merit, Distinguished Flying Cross, Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster, Air Medal with seven oak leaf clusters, Purple Heart and Combat Readiness Medal.
He was promoted to the grade of brigadier general July 1, 1979, with date of rank June 29, 1979.