Retired Aug. 1, 2000.
Brig. Gen. Glenn C. "Clint" Waltman is the director of intelligence, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb. As director, he is the senior intelligence officer and principal intelligence adviser to the commander in chief, U.S. Strategic Command.
The general graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1975. Following his initial assignment as a Titan II crewmember, he served staff tours at both Headquarters Strategic Air Command and Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon. He returned to the field as commander of a Minuteman III operations squadron at Grand Forks Air Force Base. This was followed with an overseas tour at Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe where he served as special assistant to the Supreme Allied Commander. His follow-on assignment was as commander of the 45th Operations Group. He then served as director of logistics at Headquarters Air Force Space Command, followed by his assignment as the military assistant to the secretary of the Air Force, Headquarters U.S. Air Force. Prior to assuming his current position, he was commander of the 341st Space Wing.
1975 Bachelor of science degree in international affairs, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1981 Master of arts degree in psychology, counseling and guidance, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley
1981 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1985 Air Command and Staff College
1987 National Security Management Course
1991 Distinguished graduate, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
1991 Master of science degree in management, Salve Regina University, Newport, R.I.
1991 Master of arts degree in national security and strategic studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
1. July 1975 - December 1975, student, combat crew training, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
2. January 1976 - April 1981, crew commander and wing staff officer, 390th Strategic Missile Wing, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.
3. July 1981 - June 1984, staff officer, Directorate of Plans, Headquarters Strategic Air Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
4. July 1984 - July 1988, staff officer and chief, Nuclear Plans and Policy Branch, Directorate of Plans and Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
5. August 1988 - January 1989, chief, Operations and Training Division, 321st Strategic Missile Wing, Grand Forks Air Force Base, N.D.
6. February 1989 - July 1990, commander, 448th Strategic Missile Squadron, Grand Forks Air Force Base, N.D.
7. August 1990 - June 1991, student, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
8. July 1991 - July 1993, special assistant to the Supreme Allied Commander, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Mons, Belgium
9. August 1993 - April 1995, commander, 45th Operations Group, Patrick Air Force Base, Fla.
10. May 1995 - November 1995, director of logistics, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
11. December 1995 - February 1997, military assistant to the secretary of the Air Force, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. February 1997 - November 1998, commander, 341st Space Wing, Malmstrom Air Force Base, Mont.
13. November 1998 - present, director of intelligence, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jun 4, 1975
First Lieutenant Jun 4, 1977
Captain Jun 4, 1979
Major May 1, 1985
Lieutenant Colonel Jul 1, 1988
Colonel Jan 1, 1992
Brigadier General Mar 1, 1998