Brig. Gen. K. C. McClain is the Commander, Joint Task Force Sexual Assault Prevention and Response, Office the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C. The JTF is the Department of Defense?s single point of accountability for all sexual assault policy matters. It will develop policy and programs to improve prevention efforts, enhance victim support and increase offender accountability.
General McClain earned her Air Force commission through Officer Training School and began her career as an administrative officer, later cross-training into personnel. She has commanded the 314th Support Group at Little Rock AFB, Ark., the 17th Training Wing at Goodfellow AFB, Texas, and the Air Reserve Personnel Center in Denver, Colo. Her staff tours include major commands, the Air Staff and U.S. Pacific Command. Prior to her current assignment, the general was Deputy Director of Operations for Technical Training, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas.
1973 Bachelor's degree in secondary education, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater
1981 Distinguished graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1983 Master's degree in public administration, Troy State University, Ala.
1984 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1993 NATO Defense College, Rome, Italy
2001 Senior Executive Management Program, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. November 1977 - February 1979, executive officer to the Director of Operations, 92nd Bomb Wing, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
2. February 1979 - August 1980, executive officer, 92nd Civil Engineer Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
3. August 1980 - February 1981, executive officer, 20th Combat Support Group, Royal Air Force Upper Heyford, England
4. February 1981 - August 1982, section commander, 20th Security Forces Squadron, Royal Air Force Upper Heyford, England
5. August 1982 - September 1983, Chief of Central Base Administration, Royal Air Force Upper Heyford, England
6. September 1983 - September 1984, Air Staff Training assignment officer, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. September 1984 - September 1985, assistant executive officer, Deputy Chief of Staff for Requirements, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
8. September 1985 - January 1988, Chief of Requirements Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
9. January 1988 - January 1990, Chief of Consolidated Base Personnel Office, Langley AFB, Va.
10. January 1990 - May 1991, Chief of the Personnel-Morale, Welfare and Recreation-Social Actions Officer Assignment Team, Air Force Military Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
11. May 1991 - January 1993, executive officer to the Commander, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas.
12. January 1993 - August 1993, student, NATO Defense College, Rome, Italy.
13. August 1993 - January 1995, Chief of Strategic Plans Unit, Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. January 1995 - October 1996, Deputy Chief of the General Officer Matters Office, Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
15. October 1996 - March 1997, Deputy Commander, 56th Support Group, Luke AFB, Ariz.
16. April 1997 - June 1998, Commander, 314th Support Group, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
17. June 1998 - August 2000, Director for Manpower, Personnel and Support, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii
18. August 2000 - July 2002, Commander, 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
19. August 2002 - August 2003, Commander, Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center, Denver, Colo.
20. August 2003 - September 2004, Deputy Director of Operations for Technical Training, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
21. September 2004 - present, Commander, Joint
Task Force Sexual Assault Prevention and Response, Office the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Nov. 9, 1977
First Lieutenant Nov. 9, 1979
Captain Nov. 9, 1981
Major April 1, 1988
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 1993
Colonel Jan. 1, 1998
Brigadier General July 1, 2004