Brig. Gen. Polly A. Peyer is the Director of Logistics, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii. She is responsible for the maintenance and support of tactical fighter, reconnaissance and support aircraft; management of supplies and equipment valued at more than $3 billion; allocation and maintenance of general- and special-purpose vehicles; and storage and maintenance of war reserve materiel valued at more than $640 million. She also provides guidance and management assistance for more than 16,000 military and civilian logistics people assigned to PACAF. The general is responsible for PACAF?s 178,000 short ton conventional munitions stockpile valued at more than $4 billion, stored and maintained at locations in the Pacific Command area of responsibility from Alaska to Diego Garcia. She is also the Director of Logistics to the Joint Task Force 519 Commander and is responsible for campaign logistics support for all military forces assigned to the task force.
General Peyer entered active duty as an enlisted member in July 1975 and was commissioned through Officer Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas, in March 1977. She received her undergraduate degree from Florida State University and a master?s degree from the University of Northern Colorado. Her military education includes in-residence attendance at Squadron Officer School, Air Command and Staff College, and Industrial College of the Armed Forces.
General Peyer has commanded at squadron, group and wing levels. She has held major command and headquarters level positions and was formerly the military assistant to the acting Secretary of the Air Force. Prior to assuming her current position, the general served as Vice Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Oklahoma City.
1971 Bachelor of science degree in criminology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
1980 Master of science degree in business administration and management, University of Northern Colorado,
1981 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1988 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1994 Distinguished graduate, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2001 National Security Management Course, Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
1. September 1977 - April 1980, F-4 aircraft maintenance officer, 67th Tactical Reconnaissance Wing, Bergstrom AFB, Texas
2. April 1980 - July 1983, E-3 maintenance staff officer, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
3. July 1983 - August 1984, Air Staff training officer and director of budget and comptroller, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
4. August 1984 - June 1987, F-15 aircraft maintenance supervisor, 36th Tactical Fighter Wing, Bitburg Air Base, West Germany
5. June 1987 - June 1988, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
6. June 1988 - July 1991, depot maintenance program officer, Logistics Plans and Programs Directorate, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. July 1991 - June 1992, Commander, 8th Maintenance Squadron, 8th Tactical Fighter Wing, Kunsan AB, Korea
8. June 1992 - August 1993, Chief, Command, Control, and Communications Division, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
9. August 1993 - June 1994, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
10. June 1994 - June 1995, Chief, Logistics Readiness Center, U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
11. June 1995 - August 1996, Chief, Mobility Division, U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
12. August 1996 - January 1998, Commander, 82nd Training Group, 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
13. January 1998 - June 1999, military assistant to the acting Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. June 1999 - September 2000, Commander, 377th Air Base Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
15. September 2000 - June 2002, Director of Propulsion, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
16. June 2002 - June 2003, Vice Commander, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
17. June 2003 - present, Director of Logistics, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Citation
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with two bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with bronze star
Air Force Overseas Ribbon ? Short
Air Force Overseas Ribbon ? Long
Air Force Longevity Service Award Ribbon with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Training Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant March 24, 1977
First Lieutenant March 24, 1979
Captain March 24, 1981
Major March 1, 1987
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 1992
Colonel Oct. 1, 1996
Brigadier General July 1, 2003