Selected for reassignment as Director, Plans and Programs, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
Brig. Gen. Robert M. Worley II is the Director of Mission Support, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo. He directs a multidisciplined staff of approximately 300 people, and advises the commander on all matters relating to civil engineering, services, personnel, public affairs, history, chaplain services and contracting support.
General Worley was commissioned through the U.S. Air Force Academy in May 1978. He was first assigned to the Pentagon as an Air Staff Training officer, and later served in the Global Positioning System operational phase-in office. General Worley?s space career continued with an assignment in planning Strategic Defense Initiative architectures and employment concepts at the Pentagon. He was the Director of Operations for the Global Positioning System squadron during operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm, and then served on the U.S. Space Command staff working wartime employment issues for satellite systems.
General Worley has commanded the 12th Missile Squadron, 12th Space Warning Squadron and the 50th Operations Group, where he was responsible for command and control of a variety of military satellites. Prior to his current assignment, he was Commander of the 30th Space Wing, during which he led spacelift operations and directed the Western Test Range at Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
1978 Bachelor?s degree in organizational behavior, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1980 Master?s degree in industrial psychology, St. Mary?s University, San Antonio, Texas
1981 Distinguished graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1982 Marine Corps Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1989 Distinguished graduate, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1991 Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1996 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. June 1978 - June 1983, officer-in-charge, Test Construction Team; Chief, Test Analysis Unit; occupational analyst; and executive officer, U.S. Air Force Occupational Measurement Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
2. June 1983 - June 1984, Air Staff Training officer, Directorate of Personnel Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington. D.C.
3. June 1984 - June 1987, Chief, Global Positioning System Equipment Phase-In Branch, Directorate of Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington D.C.
4. June 1987 - July 1988, space plans and programs officer, Directorate of Plans, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
5. August 1988 - June 1989, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
6. June 1989 - July 1991, Chief, Current Operations, and Director of Operations, 2nd Satellite Control Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo.
7. July 1991 - June 1993, Chief, Navigation and Remote Sensing Systems Branch; Chief, Satellite Systems Division, Directorate of Operations, Headquarters U.S. Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
8. June 1993 - June 1994, executive officer to the Vice Commander, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
9. June 1994 - June 1995, Commander, 12th Missile Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
10. August 1995 - June 1996, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. August 1996 - August 1997, Commander, 12th Space Warning Squadron, Thule Air Base, Greenland
12. August 1997 - May 1998, Chief, Strategy and Policy Division, Directorate of Strategic Planning, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
13. May 1998 - June 2000, Commander, 50th Operations Group, Schriever AFB, Colo.
14. July 2000 - May 2001, Chief, Space Superiority Division, Deputy Chief of Staff, Plans and Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
15. May 2001 - June 2003, Commander, 30th Space Wing, and Director of the Western Test Range, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
16. June 2003 - present, Director of Mission Support, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31,1978
First Lieutenant May 31,1980
Captain May 31,1982
Major March 1, 1988
Lieutenant Colonel April 1,1992
Colonel Dec. 1, 1997
Brigadier General May 1, 2004