Daniel T. Morris, a member of the Senior Intelligence Executive Service, is Associate Director of Intelligence, U.S. Central Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla. In this position, Mr. Morris is the Director?s senior representative to the Air Staff, national intelligence agencies, and other policy-level organizations for intelligence resource requirements, and future architectures. He is responsible for ensuring requirements are defined, validated and submitted to the Air Staff, the Defense Intelligence Agency?s General Defense Intelligence Program Office, and the Foreign Counterintelligence Program. Mr. Morris is the Congressional Liaison for the Intelligence Directorate, providing input for congressional testimony on intelligence plans, policies, programs and requirements. He conducts executive level coordination with offices in the Department of Defense, intelligence community, military services, other unified commands, national laboratories, industry and academia. Additionally, he is designated the Acting Director of Intelligence for USCENTCOM MacDill during crises and deployments, and split-based operations.
Mr. Morris is a 1970 graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University and received a master's degree in national security and strategic studies from the Naval War College in 1992. Mr. Morris retired in the rank of colonel from the U.S. Army in 1999. His senior intelligence assignments included serving as Director of Intelligence/J2, U.S. Special Operations Command; Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, U.S. Army Special Operations Command; Chief, Joint Intelligence Center, U.S. Central Command; Assistant Chief of Staff for Intelligence, 7th Infantry Division; and Commander, 519th Military Intelligence Battalion (Airborne).
1970 Bachelor of Science degree in education, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond
1983 Army Command and General Staff College
1992 Naval War College
1992 Master of Arts degree in national security and strategic studies, Naval War College
1. March 1989 - June 1991, Commander, 519th Military Intelligence Battalion (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C.
2. July 1992 ? July 1993, Assistant Chief of Staff for Intelligence, 7th Infantry Division, Fort Ord, Calif.
3. July 1993 ? July 1996, Chief, Joint Intelligence Center, U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
4. July 1996 ? January 1998, Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, N.C.
5. January 1998 - July 1999, Director of Intelligence, U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
6. August 1999 ? July 2000, Program Manager, Research Planning Inc., Tampa, Fla.
7. August 2000 ? March 2001, President and Chief Executive Officer, Geonex Martel Inc., Clearwater, Fla.
8. April 2001 ? September 2002, Vice President, AGRA Baymont Inc., Clearwater, Fla.
9. September 2002 ? present, Associate Director of Intelligence, U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Director?s Award, Defense Intelligence Agency
Joint Distinguished Civilian Service Award