Debra L. Haley, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director, Materiel Systems Group, Electronic Systems Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. The Materiel Systems Group is a direct reporting unit of the Electronic Systems Center at Hanscom AFB, Mass. The MSG provides integrated information technology solutions to help its Air Force customers achieve unsurpassed combat capability, manage transformational change and improve combat effectiveness.
Ms. Haley started her Air Force career as a project engineer in the Aero Propulsion Laboratory at Wright-Patterson. She was responsible for developing life prediction tools for turbine engine components. Her other assignments have been in test and evaluation, acquisition logistics, communications and information, and research and development at base and headquarters level. She has also held positions with the National Institute of Standards and Technology, Department of Commerce and the state of Ohio. Prior to her assignment to MSG, she was Associate Director for Investment Strategy in Air Force Research Laboratory. She was responsible for directing the investment strategy from near to far term science and technology totaling more than $2 billion annually. Of particular importance to her is championing Air Force careers to the workforce. She is a dedicated mentor and co-hosts, along with other senior executive service members, career development seminars across the Air Force.
1978 Bachelor of science degree in aeronautical engineering, Purdue University
1985 Air Command and Staff College
1987 Master of science degree in logistics management, Air Force Institute of Technology
1990 Air War College
1992 Sloan Fellow, master of science degree in management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
1. 1978 - 1982, project engineer, Aero Propulsion Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2. 1982 - 1983, project engineer, Air Force Acquisition Logistics Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. 1983 - 1986, reliability and maintainability engineer, later, Chief of Test and Evaluation, Air Force Acquisition Logistics Center Test and Evaluation Operating Location, Edwards AFB, Calif.
4. 1986 - 1987, student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. 1987 - 1989, Deputy Director, Air Force Coordinating Office for Logistics Research, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. 1989 - 1991, Chief Scientist and Engineer, Acquisition Logistics Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. 1991 - 1992, student, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass.
8. 1992 - 1993, Chief, Support Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Requirements, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. 1993 - 1994, Program Manager, Manufacturing Technology Directorate, Wright Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. 1994 - 1995, Regional Manager, Manufacturing Extension Partnership, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Department of Commerce, Gaithersburg, Md.
11. 1995 - 1995, Program Coordinator, Ohio Technology Network for Manufacturing Extension, Kettering, Ohio
12. 1995 - 1997, Chief, Deployment and Sustainment Division, later, Chief, Product Division, Joint Logistics Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. 1997 - 2002, Director of Communications and Information, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. 2002- 2003, Associate Director for Investment Strategy, Plans and Programs Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. 2003 - present, Director, Materiel Systems Group, Electronic Systems Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
1997 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2002 International Excellence in Information Technology Award, Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
2002 Air Force Exceptional Civilian Service Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Board of directors, Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
Board of trustess, WPAFB Education Fund