Don Fox, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy General Counsel for Fiscal, Ethics and Civilian Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. Mr. Fox is responsible for providing legal advice to the Office of the Secretary of the Air Force and the Air Staff in all aspects of fiscal and civilian personnel law. As a deputy designated-agency ethics official, Mr. Fox provides guidance on standards of ethical conduct, conflict of interest statutes and regulations, financial disclosure and political activities. Additionally, Mr. Fox is responsible for legal issues involving Air Force organization and administration. He advises the headquarters on claims matters, and accident and safety investigations, and adjudicates Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act appeals for the Secretary.
Mr. Fox graduated from the University of North Carolina in 1979. He received a Juris Doctorate in 1983 from Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, N.C., and in 1987 earned a master of laws degree in comparative law from The George Washington University, Washington.
Prior to starting his career with the Air Force in 1993, Mr. Fox worked for the U.S. Navy as a trial and defense counsel, claims officer, appellate defense counsel, legal and legislative matters assistant, and as an assistant counsel to the Navy comptroller. Mr. Fox was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 1998.
1975 Culver Military Academy
1979 Bachelor of arts degree in economics and international studies, University of North Carolina
1982 Juris doctorate degree, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, N.C.
1987 Master of laws degree in comparative law, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2001 Senior Managers in Government, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, Mass.
1. 1982 1988, Judge Advocate Generals Corps, U.S. Navy; trial and defense counsel, and claims officer, Naval Legal Service Office, Philadelphia Naval Shipyard, Philadelphia, Pa.; Appellate Defense Counsel; Navy and Marine Corps Appellate Review Activity, Washington Navy Yard; and Deputy Assistant for Legal and Legislative Matters, Office of the Vice Chief of Naval Operations, Washington, D.C.
2. 1989 1993, Assistant Counsel to the Navy Comptroller, Office of the General Counsel, Department of the Navy, Washington, D.C.
3. 1993 1997, Associate General Counsel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
4. 1997 1998, Acting Deputy General Counsel for Civilian Personnel and Fiscal, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
5. 1998 - present, Deputy General Counsel for Fiscal, Ethics and Civilian Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Navy Commendation Medal
Navy Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Exceptional Civilian Service Award, U.S. Air Force
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
The North Carolina State Bar
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces