Dr. Glenward L. ?Glen? Spivey is the Chief Academic Officer, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala. Dr. Spivey is responsible for advising the Air University Commander on all issues relating to the University?s academic functions and educational programs, including accessions, professional military education, professional continuing education and all degree-granting education, both resident and nonresident.
Dr. Spivey has more than 30 years of educational experience as a faculty member and in educational leadership roles. He has served 19 years in the professional military education environment. As a member of the Air Force Reserve for 30 years, he served a majority of his military career with the 908th Tactical Airlift Group at Maxwell AFB. For more than 10 years, he was Commander of the 908th Combat Support Squadron, and for six years he served as the individual mobilization augmentee to the Director of Plans and Operations for the Air University. Dr. Spivey retired as a colonel in June 1998, and he joined the Air University staff in August 2003.
1966 Bachelor of Science degree in education, Auburn University, Ala.
1968 Master?s degree in education, Auburn University, Ala.
1972 Master of Science degree in counseling, Troy State University, Montgomery, Ala.
1977 Doctorate of education, Auburn University, Ala.
1978 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1982 Academic Instructor School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1983 Air Command and Staff College, by seminar
1. 1972 - 1974, instructor, Enterprise State Junior College, Ala.
2. 1974 -1981, research associate, Alabama State Department of Education, Division of Vocational Education, Montgomery
3. 1982 - 1984, instructional systems specialist, Academic Instructor School, Educational Evaluation Branch, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
4. 1984 - 2003, educational adviser to the Commandant, Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
5. 2003 - present, Chief Academic Officer, Headquarters Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.