Dr. Jacqueline R. Henningsen, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director, Air Force Studies and Analyses Agency, Office of the Vice Chief of Staff, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. In this position, she leads the Headquarters Air Force Direct Reporting Unit responsible for independent decision-aiding studies for the Chief of Staff and the Secretary of the Air Force.
Prior to being appointed to her current position, Dr. Henningsen served as Associate Director for Modeling, Simulation and Analysis with the Directorate for Command and Control within the Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Air and Space Operations. In this position, she provided oversight of corporate Air Force modeling, simulation and analysis. She was formally a senior analyst in the Office of the Secretary of Defense for Program Analysis and Evaluation where she led the Secretary of Defense-initiated Joint Analytic Model Improvement Program and country teams for the Partnership for Peace Resource Management Program. She was also responsible for Joint Staff program reviews and wargaming assessments for the Quadrennial Defense Review. In an earlier assignment, Dr. Henningsen led the Cost Analysis Improvement Group's oversight of strategic and space launch programs. Before joining program analysis and evaluation, she was U.S. Strategic Command's first Chief of Assessments, as well as Strategic Air Command's last Assessments Division Chief. In these positions, she provided strategic deterrence and warfighting capability assessments for the commander in chief.
Dr. Henningsen received the Department of Defense Distinguished Civilian Service Award for her efforts to define and shape the department's and the Air Force's analysis, modeling and simulation strategic vision. She also received the Air Force's Meritorious Civilian Service Award for her activities supporting Strategic Air Command during operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm.
1966 Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics education, Northwest Missouri State University
1973 Master of Science degree in mathematics education and educational psychology, National Science Foundation Scholar Program
1982 Master of Science degree in industrial and management systems engineering, University of Nebraska
1987 Doctor of Philosophy in industrial and management systems, University of Nebraska
1992 Program for Senior Officials in National Security, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
1996 Certification in alternative dispute resolution and federal mediation, The Justice Center, Atlanta, Ga.
1998 Air Force Senior Leaders Orientation Course, Washington, D.C.
1999 Leadership for a Democratic Society, Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
1. 1966 - 1980, professional educator in mathematics and psychology, Title IV program director and educational consultant, primarily in Omaha, Neb.
2. 1981 - 1985, operations research, statistics and engineering economics instructor, industrial and management systems engineering department, University of Nebraska
3. 1984 - 1985, management consultant, Wells Engineers, Omaha, Neb.
4. 1985 - 1988, operations research analyst, Office of Director for Science and Research, Headquarters Strategic Air Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
5. 1988 - 1989, Chief, Combat Analysis Group, Office of the Director for Science and Research, Headquarters SAC, Offutt AFB, Neb.
6. 1990 - 1992, Chief, Capability Assessments Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans, Headquarters SAC, Offutt AFB, Neb.
7. 1992 - 1992, Chief of Assessments, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
8. 1992 - 1994, senior analyst, Cost Analysis Improvement Group, Force and Infrastructure Cost Analysis Division, Program Analysis and Evaluation Directorate, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Washington, D.C.
9. 1994 - 1998, senior analyst, Regional Assessment and Modeling Division, Program Analysis and Evaluation Directorate, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Washington, D.C.
10. 1998 - 2001, Associate Director for Modeling, Simulation and Analysis, Directorate of Command and Control, Deputy Chief of Staff for Air and Space Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. 2001 - present, Director, Air Force Studies and Analyses Agency, Office of the Vice Chief of Staff, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1970 - 1973 National Science Foundation Fellowship
1981 Alpha Pi Mu, Engineering Honorary Society, University of Nebraska
1982 - 1984 Chancellor's Commission on the Status of Women, University of Nebraska at Lincoln
1991 - 1996 Executive Board, Military Operations Research Society
1991 Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award
1993 Distinguished Alumni Award, North High School, Omaha, Neb.
1997 Fellow, Military Operations Research Society
2000 Air Force nominee, Roger W. Jones Award for Executive Leadership
2001 Department of Defense Distinguished Civilian Service Award
2002 Masters Week Distinguished Engineering Alumni Award, University of Nebraska at Lincoln