Dr. John A. Benek, a member of the scientific and professional cadre of senior executives,
is Director, Computational Sciences Center of Excellence, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He provides leadership and strategic vision for the center?s research and development programs in high-fidelity, physics-based modeling of fluid flows and fluid-coupled multidisciplinary phenomena. In addition, he advises the Air Force on fluid-flow simulation capability.
Dr. Benek received his Doctor of Philosophy degree from the University of Tennessee. He has extensive technical management experience, and a broad range of experimental and computational experience covering the range of flow phenomena, from rarefied to continuum across the subsonic to hypersonic speed regimes. He has led both basic and applied research efforts in these areas. In addition, he is a pioneer in combining experimental and high-fidelity, physics simulations to reduce system development risk and cost. To further this concept, he has established a network of close ties with NASA, Army, Navy and Department of Energy organizations. Dr. Benek has served on numerous stragetic planning groups with the test and evaluation community.
1968 Bachelor of Science degree in aerospace engineering, University of Cincinnati, Ohio
1969 Master of Science degree in aerospace engineering, University of Tennessee
1975 Doctor of Philosophy degree in aerospace engineering, University of Tennessee
1. 1964 ? 1968, cooperative engineering student, Arnold Engineering Development Center, Arnold AFB, Tenn.
2. 1969 ? 1980, research engineer, Arnold Research Organization, Inc., AEDC, Arnold AFB, Tenn.
3. 1980 ? 1985, principal engineer, Calspan/AEDC Operations, Arnold Engineering Development Center, Arnold AFB, Tenn.
4. 1985 ? 1994, Manager, CFD Branch, Calspan/AEDC Operations, Arnold Engineering Development Center, Arnold AFB, Tenn.
5. 1994 ? 1995, Manager, CFD Branch, Micro Craft/AEDC Operations, Arnold Engineering Development Center, Arnold AFB, Tenn.
6. 1996 ? 2000, Manager, Integrated Test and Evaluation, Micro Craft, Tullahoma, Tenn.
7. 2000 ? 2003, Manager, T&E Support, Raytheon, Army Research Laboratory, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md.
8. 2003 ? present, Director, Computational Sciences Center of Excellence, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
Arnold Award, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
International Test and Evaluations Association