Selected for reassignment as Deputy for Acquisition, Electronic Systems Center, Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass.
Frances A. Duntz, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Director of Capabilities Integration, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. Ms. Duntz is responsible for integrating the command functions of capabilities planning, intelligence and acquisition support to support warfighting commands.
Ms. Duntz entered federal service in 1977 and was assigned to various program offices, serving as Integrated Logistics Support Manager and Deputy Program Manager for Logistics for major tactical weapon systems. As the Special Programs Deputy for the Air Force Acquisition Logistics Center, she managed program activities for the DPMLs for all classified weapon systems.
At Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Ga., Ms. Duntz led the Specialized Management Directorate transition, supporting critical developmental and operational tri-service weapon systems. Ms. Duntz was selected Deputy Director of the F-15 System Program Office, and was responsible for worldwide support of the F-15 weapon system. On her return to Wright-Patterson AFB, she became the Chief of the Aeronautical Systems Center's Acquisition Support Team. Ms. Duntz was then selected for the Senior Executive Service as Director of the Mobility SPO, leading and integrating the activities of 250 people engaged in cargo and tanker aircraft development, and support for various customers. Her first assignment at Headquarters AFMC was as Deputy Director of Plans and Programs, where she was responsible for strategic and financial out-year planning. Her second assignment at Headquarters AFMC was as Deputy Director of Requirements, where she was responsible for planning and programming command mission requirements.
1975 Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology and English, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
1983 Master of Business Administration degree, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
1986 Air Command and Staff College
1987 Defense Systems Management College
1991 Air War College
1999 Executive Management Program, Pennsylvania State University
2001 Senior Leadership Orientation Course
2001 Federal Executive Institute
2004 Program for Senior Managers in Government, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
1. September 1977 - October 1979, supply trainee for support equipment and aircraft, Product Performance Feedback Branch/Lessons Learned, Air Force Acquisition Logistics Division, Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2. October 1979 - October 1980, equipment specialist, Support Equipment SPO, B-52 SPO, Air Force Acquisition Logistics Division, AFLC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. October 1980 - August 1982, equipment specialist, EF-111 SPO, Engine SPO, Air Force Acquisition Logistics Division, AFLC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. August 1982 - October 1983, equipment specialist, Special Projects Branch (Maintenance), Air Force Acquisition Logistics Division, AFLC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. October 1983 - December 1984, Integrated Logistics Support Manager, Special Tactical Systems SPO, Air Force Acquisition Logistics Division, AFLC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. December 1984 - February 1988, Deputy Program Manager, Logistics for Joint Tactical Interoperability SPO, Air Force Acquisition Logistics Center, AFLC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. February 1988 - September 1988, Deputy, Special Projects Office, Air Force Acquisition Logistics Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. September 1988 - May 1991, Deputy Director of Specialized Management, AFLC, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. May 1991 - July 1996, Director of Specialized Management, AFMC, Robins AFB, Ga.
10. July 1996 - July 1999, Deputy Director, F-15 SPO, AFMC, Robins AFB, Ga.
11. July 1999 - February 2000, Chief, Acquisition Support Team, Systems Management Directorate, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. February 2000 - December 2001, Director, Mobility SPO, Aeronautical Systems Center, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. December 2001 - July 2002, Deputy Director of Plans and Programs, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. July 2002 - June 2004, Deputy Director of Requirements, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. June 2004 - present, Deputy Director of Capabilities Integration, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
Numerous performance awards
Special Act/Service Awards
1999 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
1999 Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
May 1992 Program Management, Level III, Acquisition Professional Development Program
August 1992 Acquisition Logistics, Level III, APDP