Heidi Honecker Grant, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director of Resources and Assessment, Headquarters U.S. Central Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla. As the Director, Ms. Grant is responsible for conducting warfighting analysis and technology assessments, leading programming actions and providing financial management to prepare the command for current and future operational requirements that support the combatant commander's strategy.
Ms. Grant has a bachelor's degree in business and economics from Pfeiffer University, and a master's degree in financial management from Troy State University. Ms. Grant's federal career began in 1989 as a financial management intern with the Office of the Navy Comptroller. During this two-year training program, she was assigned to the procurement and the operations budget offices where she analyzed phases in the budget process phases -- from the field to the congressional levels. Upon completing the program, Ms. Grant worked in several jobs during her seven years with the Navy comptroller, including the positions of lead centralized training budget analyst, lead ship maintenance budget analyst, lead shipbuilding budget analyst, and Special Assistant to the Director of the Investment and Development Division.
In 1998, Ms. Grant was selected as the Senior Civilian Budget Analyst for the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staffs Program and Budget Analysis Division where she had oversight of contingency operations funding. Prior to her current assignment, Ms. Grant worked in the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Comptroller as the lead analyst for humanitarian assistance, international relations and combating terrorism.
1987 Bachelor of Science in business and economics, Pfeiffer University, Misenheimer, N.C.
1993 Master of Public Administration degree in financial management, Troy State University, Washington D.C.
1993 Department of Defense Professional Military Comptroller School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Leadership for a Democratic Society Program, Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
1. 1989 - 1991, financial management intern, Centralized Financial Management Training Program Office, Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Financial Management and Comptroller, Washington, D.C.
2. 1991 - 1998, budget analyst, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Financial Management and Comptroller, Washington, D.C.
3. 1998 - 2000, Senior Civilian Budget Analyst, Program and Budget Analysis Division, Directorate of Force Structure, Resources and Assessment, Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Washington, D.C.
4. 2000 - 2002, budget analyst, Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Comptroller, Washington, D.C.
5. 2002 - present, Director of Resources and Assessment, Headquarters U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1994 Marine Corps Marathon; 1996 New York City Marathon; and 2001 San Diego Marathon
1991 Department of Defense Graduate-Level Financial Management Program Scholarship
1998 Individual Awards Program nominee, American Society of Military Comptrollers
2000 Class representative, Federal Executive Institute
2000 Joint Meritorious Civilian Service Award, Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
2001 Special Act Award for support after Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the U.S.
2002 Decoration for Exceptional Civilian Service, Department of Defense
2003 Joint Civilian Service Commendation Award
Numerous performance awards
Numerous outstanding performance awards
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Federal Executive Institute Alumni Association
American Society of Military Comptrollers
2004 Defense Financial Manager