Mr. James W. Salter Jr., a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Assistant Auditor General, Support and Personnel Audits, Air Force Audit Agency, Brooks City-Base, Texas. He is responsible for the planning, execution and reporting of Air Force-wide audits addressing air and space operations, engineering and the environment, personnel and training, and health care and services.
Mr. Salter enlisted and served in the U.S. Army as a personnel specialist from 1969 to 1972. After graduating from the University of West Florida in 1976, he joined the Air Force Audit Agency and has served at locations in Spain and throughout the United States. He has held numerous positions of increased responsibility within the agency, to include audit manager and region chief. Mr. Salter participated in the Defense Leadership and Management Program until becoming a member of the Senior Executive Service in 2004.
1976 Bachelor of Science degree in accounting, University of West Florida
1980 Master of Public Administration degree, Troy State University
1984 Professional Military Comptrollers School
2000 Leadership for a Democratic Society, Federal Executive Institute
1. 1976 - 1980, auditor, Air Force Audit Agency, Eglin AFB, Fla., and Torrejon Air Base, Spain
2. 1980 - 1982, Office Chief, AFAA, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
3. 1982 - 1985, staff auditor, AFAA, Norton AFB, Calif.
4. 1985 - 1990, Office Chief, AFAA, Patrick AFB, Fla.
5. 1990 - 1992, Auditor Manager, AFAA, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. 1992 - 1997, Office Chief, AFAA, Robins AFB, Ga.
7. 1997 - 2004, Region Chief, AFAA, Langley AFB, Va.
8. 2004 - present, Assistant Auditor General, Support and Personnel Audits, AFAA, Brooks City-Base, Texas
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
American Society of Military Comptrollers
Government Financial Manager