Jer Donald ?Don? Get, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Executive Director, Air Intelligence Agency, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. In this position, Mr. Get assists the Commander in reviewing, evaluating and formulating policies, concepts and objectives governing the mission of the globally dispersed agency. AIA?s mission is to gain, exploit, defend and attack information to ensure superiority in the air, space and information domains. The agency's people worldwide deliver flexible collection, tailored air and space intelligence, weapons monitoring, and information warfare products and services.
Mr. Get served in the U.S. Army from 1973 until he retired in 2000. While on active duty, he served as a cavalry platoon leader, a military intelligence field office commander, a combat electronic warfare and intelligence company commander, a signals intelligence operations battalion commander, and a multi-discipline intelligence brigade commander. His military assignments included tours in Germany, Korea, Japan, and the Pentagon where he held an alternate specialty as a China foreign area officer and served as politico-military affairs officer for China on the Department of the Army?s staff.
Prior to assuming his current position, Mr. Get was Director for Army Customer Requirements, Northrop Grumman Corp., Melbourne, Fla.
1973 Bachelor of science degree, U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
1979 Defense Intelligence College, Washington, D.C.
1981 Master of science degree in business, Boston University, Nuremberg, West Germany
1987 Master of arts degree in national security, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
2003 Central Intelligence Agency Intelligence Fellows Program, the Aspen Institute, Queenstown, Md.
1. April 1974 - September 1975, I troop platoon leader, 3rd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Bliss, Texas
2. September 1975 - July 1977, intelligence officer and counterintelligence officer, 66th Military Intelligence Detachment, Fort Bliss, Texas
3. June 1977 - June 1978, Squadron S2, 3rd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Bliss, Texas
4. June 1980 - May 1982, field office commander, later, Battalion S-4, 511th Military Intelligence Battalion, Nuremberg, West Germany
5. May 1982 - April 1983, Regimental S-2, 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fulda, West Germany
6. April 1983 - June 1984, Commander, 511th Military Intelligence Company, 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fulda, West Germany
7. January 1985 - May 1985, force development officer, 4th Psychological Operations Group, Fort Bragg, N.C.
8. June 1985 - December 1988, Army China foreign area officer training
9. January 1989 - July 1990, battalion executive officer, 751st Military Intelligence Battalion, Pyongtaek, South Korea
10. August 1990 - January 1992, politico-military staff officer, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Plans, Headquarters Department of the Army, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. January 1992 - August 1992, executive assistant, J-2, Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. August 1992 - July 1994, Commander, 732nd Military Intelligence Battalion, Kunia, Hawaii
13. July 1994 - March 1995, Director of Operations, Kunia Regional Security Operations Center, Kunia, Hawaii
14. May 1995 - July 1995, Deputy Commander, 703rd Military Intelligence Brigade, Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
15. August 1995 - May 1996, U.S. Army War College Fellow, Institute for Study of Diplomacy, Georgetown University
16. June 1996 - June 1998, commander, 500th Military Intelligence Brigade, Camp Zama, Japan
17. July 1998 - May 1999, strategic planner, Intel XX Task Force, Headquarters Department of the Army, Washington, D.C.
18. May 1999 - August 1999, Deputy Chief, Regional Military Assessments, Defense Intelligence Agency, Washington, D.C.
19. August 1999 - August 2000, Assistant J-2, Joint Chief of Staff and Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
20. September 2000 - March 2003, Director for Army Customer Requirements, Airborne Ground Surveillance and Battle Management systems, Northrop Grumman Corp., Melbourne, Fla.
21. March 2003 - present, Executive Director, Air Intelligence Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
AWARDS AND HONORS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Army Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Army Superior Unit Award (2)
Joint Staff Badge
Army General Staff Badge
"Lessons Learned In Vietnam by the PLA," Military Review, July 1987
"What's With The Relationship Between America's Army and China's PLA?" Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, September 1996