Mr. John J. Over, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director of Engineering for the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla. He is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of the technical policies, processes, databases, goals and standards, and engineering and scientific expertise for the Air Logistics Center.
Mr. Over began his Air Force career in 1982 as a structural engineer in the C/KC-135 System Program Office at Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center. He went on to become the Air Force representative to the Joint Technical Coordinating Group on Aircraft Survivability where he managed tri-service aircraft survivability research and development programs for the Office of Secretary of Defense and Joint Aeronautical Commanders Group.
Mr. Over has also served at Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, developing command-wide systems engineering policy and guidance. He returned to the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center as the Chief of the System Engineering Division and, later, the Chief Engineer for the C/KC-135 System Program Office until assuming his current position.
1981 Bachelor of Science degree in aerospace and mechanical engineering, Oklahoma State University
1997 Air Command and Staff College, Air University
1998 Advanced Program Management Course, Defense Systems Management College
2001 Master of Arts degree in management, Webster University
1. January 1982 - March 1986, aerospace engineer, C/KC-135 System Program Office, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2. March 1986 - March 1990, Chief, Engineering Section, C/KC-135 SPO, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. March 1990 - December 1992, survivability and vulnerability engineer, Joint Technical Coordinating Group on Aircraft Survivability, Joint Aeronautical Commanders Group, Alexandria, Va.
4. December 1992 - March 1994, Director, Central Office, Joint Technical Coordinating Group on Aircraft Survivability, Joint Aeronautical Commanders Group, Alexandria, Va.
5. March 1994 - August 1996, systems integration engineer, Directorate of Engineering, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. August 1996 - March 2001, Chief, Systems Engineering Division, C/KC-135 SPO, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
7. March 2001 - July 2003, Chief Engineer, C/KC-135 SPO, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
8. July 2003 - present, Director of Engineering, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1994, 1996 Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award
1999 Air Force Materiel Command Outstanding Chief Engineer Award
2000 Air Force Exemplary Civilian Service Award
Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering, Level III,
Acquisition Professional Program Management, Level III
Acquisition Logistics, Level I