Judy A. Stokley, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy for Acquisition, Air Armament Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla. The center?s air armament programs represent the leading edge of weapons technology, including developing the next generation of precision-guided munitions -- "smart" bombs -- and air superiority missiles. These programs include the Joint Direct Attack Munition, Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile, Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile, High-speed Anti-radar Missile (HARM) Targeting System, Wind Corrected Munitions Dispenser, Sensor Fused Weapon, Small Diameter Bomb and other programs with total acquisition budgets of more than $38 billion.
Ms. Stokley began her Air Force career in 1979 as a mathematician in the Armament Laboratory, and she subsequently worked in development planning and system program offices. She is active in Air Force-wide initiatives in workforce development.
Prior to her current duties, she was the Program Executive Officer for Weapons in Washington, D.C. Ms. Stokley was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 1998.
1973 Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics, University of Alabama
1976 Master of Arts degree in mathematics, University of West Florida
1991 National Security Management Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1991 Program Manager's Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1997 Executive Program Manager's Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1998 Leadership for a Democratic Society, Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
1. March 1979 - April 1985, project manager for Ordnance Technology Development and Systems Analysis, Munitions Systems Division, Air Force Armament Laboratory, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2. May 1985 - May 1988, Chief, Weapon System Analysis, Development Planning and Munitions Systems Division, Eglin AFB, Fla.
3. June 1988 - June 1990, Chief, Air-to-Air Technical Oversight Center, Munitions Systems Division, Eglin AFB, Fla.
4. July 1990 - December 1991, Special Projects Division Chief, Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile Joint Systems Program Office, Aeronautical Systems Division, Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. January 1992 - September 1992, Deputy Program Director for Special Programs, Joint Tactical SPO, Aeronautical Systems Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
6. September 1992 - October 1996, Program Director for Special Programs, Air-to-Air Joint SPO, ASC, Eglin AFB, Fla.
7. October 1996 - June 1997, Deputy System Program Director, Air-to-Air Joint SPO, ASC, Eglin AFB, Fla.
8. June 1997 - November 2001, Director, Air-to-Air Joint SPO, Air Armament Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Eglin AFB, Fla.
9. November 2001 - October 2003, Air Force Program Executive Officer for Weapons, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. October 2003 - present, Deputy for Acquisition, AAC, Air Force Materiel Command, Eglin AFB, Fla.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1998 ASC Contributing Civilian of the Year
1998 Air Force Productivity Award for Professional Excellence
1998 Air Force Chief of Staff Team Excellence Award
1998 Department of Defense Life Cycle Cost Reduction Award
1998 Secretary of the Air Force Office of Acquisition Award for Customer Support
1999 Defense Acquisition Executive Certificate of Achievement
2000 Secretary of the Air Force Office of Acquisition Lightning Bolt Award
2002 Presidential Meritorious Executive Rank Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Senior Executive Association
Air Force Association
National Defense Industrial Association
Federal Executive Institute Alumni Association
Precision Strike Association
Program Management, Level III
Systems Engineering and Management, Level III
Test and Evaluation, Level II