Selected for reassignment as Director, Capability and Resource Integration, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
Kenneth S. Callicutt, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Senior Technical Director, Air Force Command and Control, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Center, Langley Air Force Base, Va. Mr. Callicutt is the chief adviser to the commander concerning technology and its applications to the centers domains. The center works C2 and ISR architecture, experimentation, operational requirements, and transition planning and operational transition. Mr. Callicutt works with Air Force Research Laboratory programs, Defense Advance Research Program initiatives and industry to maximize leverage of technological developments. Mr. Callicutt plans and coordinates activities associated with forming technical goals and executing programs to advance the state-of-the-art in the AFC2ISRC. The center is comprised of more than 780 people, and defines C2 and ISR requirements and operational concepts, develops open architectures, and manages C2 and ISR systems and budgets. The center consists of a headquarters staff at Langley AFB, and field units at the Air Forces Command and Control Battlelab and C2 Training and Innovation Group at Hurlburt Field, Fla. In addition, the center has liaison offices at all major commands and Air Force Material Command centers, and Department of Defense organizations.
Mr. Callicutt was born in Memphis, Tenn. He entered the Air Force in 1978 after receiving his commission through the ROTC program and graduating from the University of Memphis. Mr. Callicutt served on active duty in the U.S. Air Force for 24 years, and retired in 2002. He assumed his current position in August 2002.
1977 Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering, University of Memphis
1978 Master of Science degree in mechanical engineering, University of Memphis
1979 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB Ala.
1984 U.S. Air Force Fighter Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
1989 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1995 National War College
1. January 1979 - October 1979, student, F-4 training, Homestead AFB, Fla.
2. October 1979 - November 1980, unit aircraft commander, 70th Fighter Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
3. November 1980 - November 1981, unit aircraft commander, 36th Fighter Squadron, Osan Air Base, South Korea
4. November 1981 - August 1984, unit aircraft commander, 70th Fighter Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
5. August 1984 - January 1988, student, U.S. Air Force Fighter Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
6. January 1988 - August 1988, Assistant Chief of Wing Weapons 347th Fighter Wing, Moody AFB, Ga.
7. August 1988 - September 1989, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. September 1989 - May 1991, Tactical Fighter Program Manager, Directorate of Plans and Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
9. May 1991 - September 1991, student, F-16 formal training, Luke AFB, Ariz.
10. September 1991 - May 1992, pilot and assistant operations officer, 23rd Fighter Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
11. May 1992 - March 1994, operations officer, 480th Fighter Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
12. March 1994 - August 1995, Commander, 22nd Fighter Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
13. August 1995 - June 1996, student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Va.
14. June 1996 - April 1998, Chief, Plans and Policy Division, the Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
15. April 1998 - August 1999, Commander, Combined Forces Air Component, Headquarters Combined Task Force, Operation Northern Watch, U.S. European Command, Incirlik AB, Turkey
16. August 1999 - January 2002, Vice Commander, Aerospace Command and Control, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Center, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
17. January 2002 - April 2002, Technical Director, Aerospace C2ISRC, ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
18. May 2002 - August 2002, Technical Director, Air Force Command and Control, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Center, Langley AFB, Va.
19. August 2002 - present, Senior Technical Director, Air Force Command and Control, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Center, Langley AFB, Va.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Defense Superior Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Legion of Merit
Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with two oak leaf clusters