Lt. Gen. Donald J. Wetekam is Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. General Wetekam is responsible to the Chief of Staff for leadership, management and integration of Air Force civil engineering, services, logistics readiness, supply, transportation, and aircraft and missile maintenance, as well as setting policy and preparing budget estimates that reflect enhancements to productivity, combat readiness and quality of life for Air Force people.
General Wetekam entered the Air Force in June 1973 after graduating from the U.S. Air Force Academy. A career logistics officer, the general has commanded three maintenance squadrons, a logistics group and a logistics center. He has served staff tours at both major command and Air Staff levels.
1973 Bachelor of Science degree in history, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1978 Master of Engineering Administration degree, University of Utah
1994 Distinguished graduate, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. June 1973 - January 1974, student, munitions officer training, Lowry Air Force Base, Colo.
2. January 1974 - July 1974, student, explosive ordnance disposal training, Indian Head Naval Ordnance Station, Md.
3. July 1974 - July 1975, officer in charge of weapons loading and explosive ordnance disposal, 4th Munitions Maintenance Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
4. July 1975 - May 1976, officer in charge of explosive ordnance disposal, later, supervisor, 635th Munitions Maintenance Squadron, U-Tapao Royal Thai Naval Airfield, Thailand
5. May 1976 - July 1979, munitions services officer, later, officer in charge, 421st and 16th aircraft maintenance units, 388th Tactical Fighter Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
6. July 1979 - March 1981, officer in charge, 61st Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 56th Tactical Fighter Wing, MacDill AFB, Fla.
7. March 1981 - April 1984, officer in charge, 313th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, later, job control officer, 50th Tactical Fighter Wing, Hahn Air Base, West Germany
8. April 1984 - June 1986, maintenance staff officer, later, member, Commander's Action Group, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
9. June 1986 - July 1989, Commander, 56th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, and 4456th and 56th aircraft generation squadrons, MacDill AFB, Fla.
10. July 1989 - July 1993, F-15 and standard avionics logistics program manager, later, Deputy Director, Chief of Staff Operations Group, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. July 1993 - June 1994, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.
12. September 1994 - November 1995, Commander, 49th Logistics Group, Holloman AFB, N.M.
13. November 1995 - November 1997, Director, Aircraft Management Directorate, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
14. November 1997 - June 1998, Vice Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
15. June 1998 - February 2000, Director of Logistics, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
16. February 2000 - May 2000, Deputy Director of Combat Weapon Systems, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
17. May 2000 - February 2002, Director of Maintenance and Logistics, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
18. February 2002 - February 2004, Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
19. February 2004 - present, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
1990 - 1992 President, Maintenance Officers Association
1994 Association of the U.S. Army Award for Research Excellence, Industrial College of the Armed Forces
2001 Eugene M. Zuckert Management Award, Secretary of the Air Force
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 6, 1973
First Lieutenant June 6, 1975
Captain June 6, 1977
Major Nov. 1,1984
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 1, 1989
Colonel Feb. 1, 1994
Brigadier General July 1, 1999
Major General April 1, 2002
Lieutenant General Feb. 23, 2004