Lt. Gen. Victor E. Renuart Jr. is Vice Commander, Pacific Air Forces, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii. PACAF is responsible for Air Force activities over half the globe in a command that supports 45,000 Air Force people serving principally in Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Korea and Japan.
The general entered the Air Force in 1971 following graduation from Indiana University. He was commissioned through the Officer Training School in 1972. He has commanded a NATO support group and two fighter wings. He served as Commander of the 76th Fighter Squadron during operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm, and supported Operation Deny Flight as Director of Plans for the NATO Combined Air Operations Center at Headquarters 5th Allied Tactical Air Force. In addition, he commanded Joint Task Force-Southwest Asia and 9th Air and Space Expeditionary Task Force-Southwest Asia, responsible for control of Operation Southern Watch. The general has flown combat missions in operations Desert Storm, Deny Flight, Northern Watch and Southern Watch.
Prior to assuming his current position, the general served as Director of Operations, U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla., wherein he oversaw the planning and execution of all joint and allied combat, humanitarian assistance and reconstruction operations for operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.
1971 Bachelor of Science degree in production and industrial management, Indiana University, Bloomington
1975 Master of Arts degree in psychology, Troy State University, Troy, Ala.
1977 Distinguished graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1979 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1992 Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
1997 Senior Officers in National Security Program, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md.
1. January 1972 - March 1973, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laredo AFB, Texas
2. March 1973 - July 1976, T-37 instructor pilot, Craig AFB, Ala.
3. July 1976 - September 1979, assistant professor of aerospace studies, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Ind.
4. September 1979 - April 1980, student, AT-38 and A-10 training, Holloman AFB, N.M., and Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
5. May 1980 - June 1982, A-10 instructor pilot and flight commander, 92nd Tactical Fighter Squadron, 81st Tactical Fighter Wing, Royal Air Force Bentwaters, England
6. June 1982 - July 1984, operations officer, Detachment 2, 81st Tactical Fighter Wing, Detachment 2, Leipheim Air Base, West Germany
7. July 1984 - November 1985, operations inspector, Office of the Inspector General, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, West Germany
8. November 1985 - September 1986, executive officer to the Inspector General, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, West Germany
9. September 1986 - July 1991, Chief of Wing Inspections, 23rd Tactical Fighter Wing, later, operations officer, later, Commander, 76th Tactical Fighter Squadron, England AFB, La.
10. July 1991 - July 1992, student, Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
11. July 1992 - March 1993, Director of Assignments, Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
12. March 1993 - October 1994, Commander, Headquarters Support Group, Allied Air Forces Central Europe, NATO, Ramstein AB, Germany
13. October 1994 - June 1995, executive to the Assistant Chief of Staff for Operations, Operations Directorate, and senior U.S. representative, Allied Air Forces Central Europe, NATO, Ramstein AB, Germany (November 1994 - May 1995, Director of Plans, NATO Combined Air Operations Center, 5th Allied Tactical Air Force, Vicenza, Italy)
14. June 1995 - April 1996, Assistant Director of Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
15. April 1996 - June 1998, Commander, 52nd Fighter Wing, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
16. July 1998 - March 2000, Commander, 347th Wing, Moody AFB, Ga.
17. April 2000 - May 2001, Commander, Joint Task Force-Southwest Asia and Commander, 9th Air and Space Expeditionary Task Force-Southwest Asia, U.S. Central Command, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
18. June 2001 - November 2003, Director of Operations (J-3), U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
19. December 2003 - present, Vice Commander, Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,800, including 50 combat missions
Aircraft flown: T-37, AT-38, A-10, F-16, F-15, C-130 and HH-60
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Distinguished Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Defense Superior Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 12, 1972
First Lieutenant Jan. 12, 1974
Captain Jan. 12, 1976
Major Dec. 1, 1983
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 1987
Colonel Nov. 1, 1992
Brigadier General Aug. 1, 1997
Major General Aug. 1, 2000
Lieutenant General Jan. 1, 2004