Maj. Gen. Gregory H. Power is Director for Operations and Support Integration, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force for Warfighting Integration and Chief Information Officer, Washington, D.C. General Power is responsible for advocating command, control, communications, computer, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance as a force multiplier and integrator of air and space combat power. The general leads Air Force C4ISR horizontal integration by developing operational architecture views supporting concept of operations, capabilities and requirements. He also provides policy and guidance for Air Force innovation activities, and he is responsible for developing and implementing modeling and simulations policy for the Air Force. Additionally, General Power oversees Operational Support Modernization efforts within the Air Force.
General Power received his commission into the Air Force through the ROTC program in 1975. He has been an aircraft maintenance officer and has commanded a B-52 squadron, B-2 operations group, the 5th Bomb Wing at Minot Air Force Base, N.D., and the 55th Wing at Offutt AFB, Neb. He also served as Vice Commander, Headquarters 8th Air Force, Barksdale AFB, La. The general's staff experience includes an Air Staff Training Program tour at the Pentagon, a subsequent tour on the Air Staff as the B-52 Program Element Monitor, and serving on the Secretary of the Air Force staff as an executive officer to the Director of Strategic, Special Operations Forces and Airlift Programs. He served another tour as the executive officer to the Air Force Vice Chief of Staff.
General Power is a command pilot with more than 4,000 flying hours.
1975 Bachelor of Science degree in aerospace studies, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
1976 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1981 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1982 Master of Science degree in systems management, University of Southern California
1982 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1987 National Security Management Course, by correspondence
1994 Master of Science degree in national security management, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.
1998 Advanced Executive Program, J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill.
1. July 1976 - December 1976, student, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
2. January 1977 - July 1978, assistant maintenance supervisor, later, officer in charge, KC-135 Branch, 509th Organizational Maintenance Squadron, Pease AFB, N.H.
3. August 1978 - July 1979, student, undergraduate pilot training, Vance AFB, Okla.
4. August 1979 - March 1984, B-52G co-pilot, standardization and evaluation co-pilot and aircraft commander, 668th Bomb Squadron, Griffiss AFB, N.Y.
5. April 1984 - April 1985, Air Staff Training Program, Directorate of Maintenance and Supply, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics and Engineering, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington D.C.
6. May 1985 - May 1988, B-52G aircraft commander, assistant flight commander, instructor pilot, and standardization and evaluation flight examiner, 524th Bomb Squadron, Wurtsmith AFB, Mich.
7. June 1988 - June 1991, B-52 Program Element Monitor, Directorate of Operations, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Operations, later, executive officer, Directorate of Strategic, Special Operations Forces and Airlift Programs, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. July 1991 - July 1992, Commander, 69th Bomb Squadron, Loring AFB, Maine
9. August 1992 - July 1993, executive officer to the Air Force Vice Chief of Staff, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
10. August 1993 - June 1994, student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
11. July 1994 - January 1995, Deputy Commander, 509th Operations Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
12. January 1995 - August 1996, Commander, 509th Operations Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
13. August 1996 - August 1997, Senior Controller, Operations and Logistics Directorate, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
14. August 1997 - July 1998, executive assistant to the Commander, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
15. July 1998 - February 2000, Commander, 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
16. February 2000 - July 2002, Commander, 55th Wing, Offutt AFB, Neb.
17. August 2002 - April 2004, Vice Commander, Headquarters 8th Air Force, Barksdale AFB, La.
18. April 2004 - May 2005, Director for Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Warfighting Integration, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
19. May 2005 - present, Director for Operations and Support Integration, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force for Warfighting Integration and Chief Information Officer, Washington, D.C.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 4,000
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, B-52, B-2 and RC-135
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Combat Readiness Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 25, 1975
First Lieutenant Jan. 10, 1978
Captain Jan. 10, 1980
Major May 1, 1986
Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 1989
Colonel Jan. 1, 1993
Brigadier General Oct. 1, 2000
Major General July 1, 2004