Maj. Gen. Rogers is Director, Transformation, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. As Director, he leads the transformation of Air Force Materiel Command's and the U.S. Air Force's ability to develop, field and sustain war-winning expeditionary capabilities. The Transformation Directorate is a unique team of military and civilian Airmen who develop innovative concepts, support process re-engineering, lead the integration of information and decision systems, and foster change management to support current and future Air Force missions.
General Rogers enlisted in the Air Force in 1974 and served as an automatic tracking radar system repairman assigned to the Space Positioning Division at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif. He graduated from the University of Missouri in 1978 and received a commission through the Air Force ROTC program. General Rogers has served as an electronic combat pilot, aggressor pilot, instructor pilot, operations officer, squadron commander, operations group commander and the 49th Fighter Wing Commander. He has led combat operations in both Iraq and Bosnia. The general served as a staff officer at Tactical Air Command headquarters, and as a politico-military planner at the Strategic Plans and Policy Directorate with the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He also served as Director of the Chief of Staff of the Air Force Operations Group and was the first Director for the Standing Joint Forces Headquarters, U.S. Joint Forces Command.
Prior to assuming his current position, General Rogers was the Director of Strategic Requirements and Integration, J-8, Headquarters U.S. Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, Va.
1978 Bachelor of Science degree in physics, University of Missouri
1984 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1986 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1987 Master's degree in aeronautical science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
1990 Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1994 Master's degree in national security strategy, National War College, Washington, D.C.
2002 Program for Senior Managers in Government, Harvard University, Boston, Mass.
1. December 1978 - August 1980, student, undergraduate pilot training, Vance AFB, Okla.; student pilot, fighter lead-in training, Holloman AFB, N.M.; and student pilot, F-15 Replacement Training Unit, Luke AFB, Ariz.
2. August 1980 - January 1983, F-15 pilot, electronic combat pilot and flight lead, 8th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
3. January 1983 - April 1986, student, Adversary Tactics Instructor Course and aggressor instructor pilot, 65th Aggressor Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
4. April 1986 - October 1987, Chief, Operations Division, Commander's Action Group, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
5. October 1987 - January 1990, aide to the Commander, TAC, Langley AFB, Va.
6. January 1990 - June 1990, student, Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
7. July 1990 - November 1990, student, F-16 transition training, Luke AFB, Ariz.
8. December 1990 - May 1992, assistant operations officer, later, operations officer, 512th Fighter Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
9. May 1992 - July 1992, Chief of Safety, 86th Fighter Wing, Ramstein AB, Germany
10. July 1992 - July 1993, Commander, 512th Fighter Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
11. August 1993 - June 1994, graduate student, National War College, Washington, D.C.
12. June 1994 - May 1996, Chief, Persian Gulf Branch, the Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
13. May 1996 - February 1998, Commander, 31st Operations Group and Commander, 31st Expeditionary Operations Group, Aviano AB, Italy
14. February 1998 - June 1998, executive officer to the Commander, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
15. June 1998 - June 2000, Director, Chief of Staff of the Air Force Operations Group, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
16. June 2000 - July 2002, Commander, 49th Fighter Wing, Holloman AFB, N.M.
17. July 2002 - June 2003, Director, Standing Joint Forces Headquarters, U.S. Joint Forces Command, Suffolk, Va.
18. June 2003 - August 2004, Director, Strategic Requirements and Integration, J-8, U.S. Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, Va.
19. August 2004 - present, Director, Transformation, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 2,300, including 184 combat hours
Aircraft flown: AT-38, F-15, F-5E/F, F-16A/C and F-117A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with bronze star
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
NATO Medal (Yugoslavia)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1978
First Lieutenant Dec. 17, 1980
Captain Nov. 28, 1982
Major March 1, 1988
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 1991
Colonel Feb. 1, 1995
Brigadier General Oct. 1, 2001
Major General Frocked