Selected for reassignment as Vice Commander, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
Maj. Gen. Terry L. Gabreski is Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla., the largest of the three ALCs in Air Force Materiel Command. She is responsible for the 72nd Air Base Wing, as well as the center?s Combat Sustainment, Aircraft Sustainment and Maintenance Wings. She ensures the center provides depot maintenance, weapon system acquisition and sustainment, purchasing and supply chain management, as well as installation, services and information support.
Commissioned in 1974 as a graduate of Officer Training School, General Gabreski also served as Director of Maintenance for the Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics at Headquarters U.S. Air Force. She has directed two aircraft maintenance units, served as a squadron maintenance supervisor in three units, commanded three maintenance squadrons and a logistics group, and twice served as a major air command director of logistics. She has served at the Air Staff, Secretary of the Air Force and Joint Staff levels. During Operation Allied Force in the 1999 air war over Serbia, General Gabreski directed logistics efforts as the A-4 for the air war across the entire theater. She holds a master aircraft maintenance badge and a basic parachute rating.
1973 Bachelor of Arts degree in history, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge
1977 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1978 Master's degree in public administration, Golden Gate University
1985 U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
1991 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1993 Massachusetts Institute of Technology Fellow, Washington, D.C.
1994 Executive Program for Senior Officials in National Security, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1997 Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2002 The General Manager Program, Harvard Business School, Cambridge, Mass.
1. September 1974 - January 1975, student, avionics technical training, Lowry AFB, Colo.
2. January 1975 - December 1975, officer in charge, Communications and Navigation Branch, 3242nd Avionics Maintenance Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
3. January 1976 - September 1977, air training officer, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
4. September 1977 - September 1979, maintenance supervisor, 363rd Component Repair Squadron, and later, officer in charge, 62nd Aircraft Maintenance Unit, Shaw AFB, S.C.
5. September 1979 - July 1980, Executive Assistant, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower, Reserve Affairs and Installations, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
6. August 1980 - February 1982, officer in charge, 4th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, Hill AFB, Utah
7. February 1982 - December 1982, maintenance supervisor, 4487th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
8. December 1982 - June 1983, Commander, 388th Component Repair Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
9. June 1983 - May 1984, maintenance supervisor, 8th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea
10. June 1984 - June 1985, student, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
11. July 1985 - July 1987, Commander, 33rd Component Repair Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
12. August 1987 - August 1988, Chief, Weapons System Support Division, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
13. September 1988 - May 1989, Commander, 3rd Aircraft Generation Squadron, Clark Air Base, Philippines
14. May 1989 - July 1990, Assistant Deputy Commander for Maintenance, 3rd Tactical Fighter Wing, Clark AB, Philippines
15. July 1990 - July 1991, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
16. July 1991 - July 1994, Politico-Military Planner, Asia-Pacific Division, Directorate for Strategic Plans and Policy, the Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
17. July 1994 - June 1995, Commander, 325th Logistics Group, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
18. June 1995 - April 1997, Director of Technology and Industrial Support, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
19. April 1997 - June 1998, Director, C-5 Aircraft Directorate, San Antonio Air Logistics Center, Kelly AFB, Texas
20. July 1998 - January 2000, Director of Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
21. January 2000 - August 2001, Director of Maintenance, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
22. August 2001 - December 2003, Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
23. December 2003 - present, Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
Master Aircraft Maintenance Badge
Basic Parachute Rating
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Recognition Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with two bronze stars
Korea Defense Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
1983 Company Grade Manager of the Year
1999 Eugene M. Zuckert Management Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 10, 1974
First Lieutenant Sept. 10, 1976
Captain Sept. 10, 1978
Major Aug. 1, 1984
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 1988
Colonel Dec. 1, 1992
Brigadier General March 1, 1999
Major General Dec. 1, 2002