Martha Jane Evans, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Air Force Program Executive Officer for Combat and Mission Support, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Washington, D.C. Mrs. Evans is responsible to the PEO for acquiring services valued at more than $100 million. She oversees acquisition planning and ensures proper management controls are in place after the contract is awarded.
Mrs. Evans began her federal career in 1967 at Hanscom AFB, Mass. Starting in 1976, she served for 10 years as a project manager for multiple programs. Over the next 13 years, she assumed positions of increased responsibility, including acting Director of Special Projects and Deputy Director for Global Traffic Operations. In 1999, Mrs. Evans was selected as the Chief of Acquisition Career Management and Resource Division for the Office of the Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, where she also served as the Deputy Director of Air Force Advisory and Assistance Services. Following her graduation from the Industrial College of the Armed Forces, she was the Chief of the Program Integration Division.
Prior to assuming her current position, Mrs. Evans served as Director, Air Force Acquisition Center of Excellence, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C., where she was the principal adviser to the Air Force Acquisition Executive on major acquisitions.
1976 Associate of science degree in business administration, Northeastern University, Boston, Mass.
1983 Master of education degree in management, Cambridge College, Cambridge, Mass.
1984 Program Managers Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2002 Master of science degree in national resource strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces
1. October 1976 - August 1986, project manager of multiple programs, Electronic Systems Center, Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass.
2. August 1986 - June 1992, Program Manager, Weapons Storage and Security System, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
3. June 1992 - November 1992, Director, Electronic Security and Communications Systems, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
4. December 1992 - August 1993, special assistant to the ESC Executive Director, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
5. August 1993 - April 1997, Deputy Director, Special Projects, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
6. April 1997 - February 1998, acting Director, Special Projects, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
7. February 1998 - February 1999, Deputy Director, Global Air Traffic Operations, and Mobility Command and Control Program Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
8. February 1999 - August 2001, Chief, Acquisition Career Management and Resources Division; Associate Director of Acquisition Career Management; and Deputy Director, Air Force Advisory and Assistance Services, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Washington, D.C.
9. August 2001 - June 2002, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
10. June 2002 - March 2003, Chief, Program Integration Division, Directorate of Global Power Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Washington, D.C.
11. April 2003 - present, Director, Air Force Acquisition Center of Excellence, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1995 Civilian Senior Program Manager of the Year, Air Force Association
2001 Exemplary Civilian Service Award