Selected for reassignment as Director of Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
Patricia J. Zarodkiewicz, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Director of Financial Management, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. As chief financial civilian, Ms. Zarodkiewicz is responsible for more than 35 percent of the Air Force appropriated budget. She provides executive and technical guidance to 5,000 financial personnel supporting weapon system research, development, test and repair at 16 AFMC locations.
Ms. Zarodkiewicz, a native of West Babylon, N.Y., began her career with the Air Force in 1985 after being accepted into the Presidential Management Intern Program and after working in several private sector positions. Her career includes numerous base, major command and headquarters-level experiences working with many appropriations. She assumed her current position in June 2002.
1982 Bachelor of arts in economics and political science, University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
1985 Master of arts degree in international affairs, American University, Washington, D.C.
1993 Federal Executive Institute
1995 Distinguished graduate, master of science degree in national resource management, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Washington, D.C.
1997 Defense Leadership and Management Program
2000 Seminar XXI, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
1. 1985 - 1988, management and budget analyst, Headquarters Air Force Systems Command, Andrews AFB, Md.
2. 1988 - 1989, budget analyst, central supply and maintenance programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
3. 1989 - 1991, branch chief, Support Operations Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
4. 1991 1991, Budget Examiner, National Security Division, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, D.C.
5. 1991 - 1994, Chief, Support Operations Division, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Budget, Washington, D.C.
6. 1994 - 1995, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Washington, D.C.
7. 1995 - 1999, Chief, Revolving Funds Division, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Budget, Washington, D.C.
8. 1999 - May 2002, Director of Budget Investment, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Budget, Washington, D.C.
9. June 2002 - present, Deputy Director of Financial Management, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
Air Force Exceptional Service Award
Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award
National Partnership for Reinventing Government "Hammer Award"
Numerous performance awards
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
American Society of Military Comptrollers
Air Force Association
Industrial College of the Armed Forces Alumni Association
Federal Executive Institute Alumni Association