Patsy J. Reeves, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director of Contracting, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins Air Force Base, Ga. She serves as the senior contracting official responsible for $3.7 billion of annual contract awards, more than $22 billion of active contracts, and for training and equipping the centers contracting workforce of more than 450.
Mrs. Reeves began her contracting career in 1976 at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. In July 1980, she began work at Eglin Air Force Base, Fla., where she served in various system program offices. In 1991, Mrs. Reeves joined the Air Force Systems Commands Top Rung program and transferred to Washington, D.C., where she served in major command and Pentagon program management assignments. In 1996, Mrs. Reeves returned to Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, as a program manager for multiple aircraft training systems, including the C-17. She moved to Kelly AFB, Texas, in 1997, to work as the Deputy Director, and then Director of Contracting. Subsequently, Mrs. Reeves was selected for the Defense Leadership and Management Program. In 2000, she transferred to Brooks AFB, Texas, to work as the Deputy Contracting Director and later, Director of Plans and Programs. She was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in December 2001.
1976 Bachelor's degree in marketing management, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg
1981 Master's degree in business administration, University of West Florida, Pensacola
1992 Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1996 Master of science degree in national resources strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1999 Leadership for a Democratic Society, Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
1. February 1976 - July 1980, contract specialist, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2. July 1980 - December 1984, contract specialist, later, contract officer, Eglin AFB, Fla.
3. December 1984 - August 1988, contracting team leader, Eglin AFB, Fla.
4. August 1988 - December 1991, Deputy Director, Range Systems Contracts, Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. December 1991 - July 1992, procurement analyst, Andrews AFB, Md.
6. July 1992 - December 1992, student, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
7. December 1992 - August 1995, Program Element Monitor, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. June 1994 - August 1995, member, Program Executive Officer Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. August 1995 - June 1996, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
10. June 1996 - October 1997, Deputy Chief, Systems Program Division, Air Force Materiel Command, and Air Education and Training Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. October 1997 - January 2000, Deputy Director, later, Director, Contracting Directorate, San Antonio Air Logistics Center, Kelly AFB, Texas
12. January 2000 - August 2001, Deputy Director, Contracting Directorate, 311th Human Systems Wing, Brooks AFB, Texas
13. August 2001 - December 2001, Director of Plans and Programs, 311th Human Systems Wing, Brooks AFB, Texas
14. December 2002 - present, Director of Contracting, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
AWARDS AND HONORS
John J. Welch Jr. Award, for excellence in acquisition management
Civilian of the Quarter, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition
Outstanding Director, Systems Contracting Organization, Air Force Systems Command, Eglin AFB, Fla.
FY98 AFMC Outstanding Air Force Contracting Organization, San Antonio Air Logistics Command, Kelly AFB, Texas
Exemplary Civilian Service, Kelly AFB, Texas
Meritorious Civilian Service, Brooks AFB, Texas