Robert E. Corsi Jr., a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He assists the Administrative Assistant in executing the responsibilities of the office, to include performing high-level assignments according to secretarial policies, goals and objectives, and he oversees the execution and programming of the Headquarters' annual $3.5 billion budget. He also assists in managing and administratively supporting the Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, its 1,650-member Secretariat and supported field operating agencies, to include manpower, personnel, organization, budget, supply and the secretary's contingency fund; providing information, personnel and industrial security oversight for U.S. treaty issues, special access programs and antiterrorism; establishing policy and overseeing worldwide Air Force departmental publishing, the Air Force Declassification Office, Air Force Central Adjudication Facility, Air Force Art Program Office and the Air Force Executive Dining Facility; and providing engineering and executive support to Headquarters U.S. Air Force.
Mr. Corsi retired from the Air Force in the rank of colonel in July 1998 after 27 years of service and was appointed to the SES the same year.
1970 Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, Manhattan College
1974 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1975 Master's degree in industrial engineering, West Virginia University
1979 Air Command and Staff College
1984 Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1985 National Security Management Course
1992 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
2000 Program for Senior Executives in National and International Security, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Boston, Mass.
1. February 1971 - July 1974, design engineer, Chief of Engineering Design and Chief of Construction Management, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. August 1974 - December 1975, graduate student, West Virgina University
3. March 1976 - April 1979, branch chief, Air Force Engineering and Service Management Engineering Team, Dover AFB, Del.
4. May 1979 - July 1983, Chief, Program Development and Integration, Headquarters Air Force Management Engineering Agency, Randolph AFB, Texas
5. August 1983 - January 1984, student, Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
6. February 1984 - June 1987, program manager for training, and senior program manager for training, research, development and logistics manpower, Directorate of Manpower and Organization, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. July 1987 - July 1989, military assistant to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Military Manpower and Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. July 1989 - July 1991, Chief, Manpower Requirements Division, Headquarters Strategic Air Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
9. August 1991 - June 1992, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. July 1992 - December 1996, Chief, Manpower Programs Division, and Associate Director for Manpower, Directorate of Programs and Evaluation, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. January 1997 - July 1997, Associate Director for Manpower, Organization and Quality, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. July 1997 - September 2000, Deputy Director for Manpower, Organization and Quality, later, Deputy Director for Manpower and Organization, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
13. October 2000 - present, Deputy Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak clusters
2004 Meritorious Executive Presidential Rank Award
2005 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Senior member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Senior member, Institute of Industrial Engineers
National Society of Professional Engineers