Mr. Ronald A. Poussard, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Air Force Program Executive Officer for Combat and Mission Support Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Washington, D.C. Mr. Poussard leads the acquisition of services for the Air Force and is responsible for managing and overseeing more than $100 billion in existing and planned contracts awarded by commands across the Air Force. He oversees acquisition planning, the competitive selection process and the execution of performance-based acquisition, and he ensures that proper management controls are in place throughout the performance period of the service.
Mr. Poussard began his career with the Department of the Navy as a student trainee in 1982 before becoming a contract specialist intern at Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass., until 1987. He has held a variety of positions with the Department of the Air Force in the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Contracting, to include serving as a staff analyst supporting major systems such as the C-17 cargo airlift aircraft. In addition, he was the Deputy Director of Contracting and the Small Business Director at the 11th Wing, Bolling AFB, D.C., and served as the Director of Contracts and contracting officer establishing the first joint Air Force, National Reconnaissance Office and Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency space-based radar program. He served as senior business adviser to Air Force Program Executive Officers and field acquisition commanders for space and command and control programs, providing contracting and business analyses for the development of acquisition strategies and source selections.
Prior to assuming his current position, Mr. Poussard served as Deputy Director of the Defense Acquisition Regulations System, Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, Washington, D.C., where he was responsible for directing the activities of the Defense Acquisition Regulation Council charged with creating, publishing and maintaining the Department of Defense?s procurement business rules in the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement and representing the DOD in development of the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
1984 Bachelor of Science degree in political science, Northeastern University
1990 Executive Leadership Development Course
1991 Master?s degree in national security studies, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
1996 Senior Executive Leadership Course
2001 Master?s degree in National Resource Management, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2001 Senior Acquisition Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2002 Defense Leadership and Management Program
1. January 1982 ? November 1984, student procurement trainee, Supervisor of Shipbuilding Conversion and Repair, Department of the Navy, Boston, Mass.
2. November 1984 ? March 1987, procurement intern - Copper Cap, Electronic Systems Division, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
3. March 1987 ? November 1996, procurement analyst, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Contracting, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
4. December 1996 ? July 1998, Deputy Director of Contracts, and Director of Small Business, 11th Contracting Squadron, Bolling AFB, D.C.
5. July 1998 ? October 1999, Director of Contracts, Discover II Joint Program Office, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, Arlington, Va.
6. October 1999 ? August 2000, senior business adviser, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Contracting, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
7. August 2000 ? June 2001, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
8. July 2001 ? August 2002, senior business adviser, Director of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy, Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, Washington, D.C.
9. August 2002 ? March 2005, Deputy Director, Defense Acquisition Regulations, Director of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy, Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, Washington, D.C.
10. March 2005 ? present, Program Executive Officer for Combat and Mission Support Services, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
2000 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2005 Decoration for Exceptional Civilian Service
Contracting and Systems Acquisition, Level III, Acquisition Professional Development Program
Professional Contracts Manager, National Contracts Management Association