William H. Booth Sr., a Senior Level executive, is Senior Adviser for Manpower and Organization, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. In this position, Mr. Booth assists the Director of Manpower and Organization in performance of the entire directorate mission. He provides technical and policy guidance on a range of Air Force-wide, Total Force issues, including manpower requirements determination and validation, development and defense of the Air Force Manpower Program, allocation and control of funded manpower authorization, organization structure, productivity enhancement programs, and the Performance Management Program.
Mr. Booth was commissioned a second lieutenant in June 1973 through the Georgia Institute of Technologys ROTC program. He entered active duty in September 1973 as a management engineering officer assigned to Detachment 2, 3025th Management Engineering Squadron, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla. During the next 28 years, Mr. Booth served in various positions of increasing responsibility at wing, major command, unified and Air Force headquarters levels. In 2002 he retired from active duty in the rank of colonel then was appointed to his current position.
1973 Bachelors degree in industrial and system engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta
1977 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1978 Master of arts degree in business management, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant
1982 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1990 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. September 1973 - November 1975, management engineering officer, Detachment 2, 3025th Management Engineering Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2. December 1975 - June 1977, manpower resource programmer, Headquarters Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. July 1977 - May 1982, functional team lead, Air Force Data Systems Design Center, Gunter AFB, Ala.
4. June 1982 - July 1983, Commander, Detachment 3, 4400th Management Engineering Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. August 1983 - July 1987, Chief, Resource Branch, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
6. August 1987 - June 1991, Manager, Manpower Budget Development, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. July 1991 - May 1992, Chief, Requirements Division, Headquarters Strategic Air Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
8. June 1992 - October 1994, Chief, Manpower and Organization Division, and Deputy Director of Manpower and Personnel, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
9. November 1994 - May 1995, Director of Manpower and Organization, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
10. June 1995 - February 1996, Chief, Manpower Resources Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. March 1996 - October 2000, Chief, Program Development Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. November 2000 - December 2001, Acting Deputy Director for Manpower and Organization, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
13. January 2002 - present, Senior Adviser for Manpower and Organization, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal