Winifred E. Okumura, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director, Mobility Systems Wing, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. The wing is responsible for capability planning, acquisition and modernization of mobility programs. Ms. Okumura directs the development and introduction of modern capabilities for mobility systems, including the C-5, C-130, C-17, C-130J, C-32, C-40, C-37 and the Large Aircraft Infrared Countermeasures Program.
Ms. Okumura has served in a wide range of senior-level acquisition and logistics positions, with assignments at Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Sacramento and Oklahoma City Air Logistics Centers, Los Angeles Space and Missile Center, ASC and Headquarters Pacific Air Forces. She has sponsored many people-development programs and served on Air Force civilian career development panels. Ms. Okumura is active in professional associations and supports community development and volunteer programs.
1972 Bachelor's degree in sociology, cum laude, University of New Hampshire, Durham
1974 Master's degree in education and counseling, University of New Hampshire, Durham
1982 Master's degree in business administration, California State University, Sacramento
1985 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1986 Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1987 Department of Defense Executive Leadership Demonstration Program, Washington, D.C.
1989 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1992 Senior Executive Fellows Program, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1997 Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
1999 Advanced Program Management Course, Defense System Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2001 Defense Leadership and Management Program, Washington, D.C.
1. March 1977 - January 1978, clerk, Directorate of Procurement, Sacramento Air Logistics Center, McClellan AFB, Calif.
2. January 1978 - August 1978, inventory management specialist, Directorate of Material Management, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
3. August 1978 - September 1980, supply system analyst, Directorate of Supply, Depot Support Division, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
4. September 1980 - August 1982, logistics management intern, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
5. August 1982 - August 1983, logistics management intern, Directorate of Plans, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs, Headquarters Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. September 1983 - December 1986, strategic planner, Directorate of Plans, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs, Headquarters AFLC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. December 1986 - October 1987, integrated logistics support manager, Common Avionics and Combat Identification Systems Program, Aeronautical Equipment Systems Program Office, Aeronautical Systems Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio (May 1987 - August 1987, Chief, Integrated Logistics Support Management, Common Avionics and Combat Identification System programs, Aeronautical Equipment Systems Program Office, ASD, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio)
8. October 1987 - March 1989, Chief, Integrated Logistics Support Management, Strategic Defense Weapons Program, Space Systems Division, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
9. April 1989 - October 1991, Associate Director for Logistics Plans, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
10. October 1991 - July 1993, Deputy Director for Quality Improvement, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
11. August 1993 - October 1995, Deputy Director, Contractor Logistics Support Management Directorate, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
12. October 1995 - November 1998, Deputy Director, B-52 Program Management Directorate, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
13. November 1998 - May 2002, Deputy Program Director, C-17 SPO, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. May 2002 - January 2005, Director, Mobility Program Office, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. January 2005 - present, Director, Mobility Systems Wing, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
1986 International Field Award for Strategic Logistics Planning, International Society of Logistics Engineers
Certified Able Toastmaster and Competent Leader, Toastmasters International
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Chapter and regional leader, International Society of Logistics
Federally Employed Women
National Defense Industrial Association
Speakers Bureau, ASC
Leadership Dayton Association
Trustee, Life Essentials Inc. (Public Service Organization)
Acquisition Program Manager and Logistician, Level III
Professional Logistician, Level III, ISLE